The Process Safety Management Foundation (PSMF) is a 2-day Course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principles of process safety management across the entire organisation. Delegates will cover the identification, evaluation and prevention of accidents and incidents, as a direct result of failures in equipment, processes and procedures.
The course is delivered using a combination of presentations, case studies and group discussions to illustrate interpretations of process safety management requirements and demonstrate ways to develop and monitor an effective process safety programme.
All delegates are registered for a Cogent on-line self-assessment designed to reinforce their knowledge and understanding of process safety management.
- The benefits and key principles of process safety management.
- How to identify hazards and assess the risks associated with hazardous substances and plant.
- The need for effective measures to limit the consequences of a major accident.
- The importance of identifying suitable safety critical equipment, implementing key risk control systems and the importance of sustaining their effectiveness.
- How to apply learning from near misses.
- How to monitor performance to achieve continual improvement in process safety performance.
Who should attend
Managers, Supervisors, Safety Personnel, Senior Contract Employees or anyone who would like to develop a more detailed understanding of Process Safety Management.
What you will get
- The course material in printed format.
- A Cogent Certificate is awarded after the successful completion of the online assessment.
- Exclusive access to a suite of Cogent video case studies designed to reinforce the learning for up to three years.
- A =Method Certificate of Attendance.
If you have any further questions, please contact us and if you wish to proceed, check your diary and reserve a place.