A 1 day course providing delegates with an overview of human factors, how they can impact your organisation and how to recognise, evaluate and control human error and human factors risk. Provides practical knowledge and techniques to help improve safety. Delivered using a mixture of facilitated discussion, interactive sessions and slides with cover:
Introduction to Human Factors in process safety
- A general overview of what Human Factors is.
- The importance of Human Factors and its relevance to safety critical industries.
- Overview of what influences human performance.
- The key standards and legislation.
Reducing Human Error and Risk Management
- Overview of human error and the different types of errors.
- What the sources of Human Error are.
- The typical causes of Human Error.
- Consideration of Human Factors in LOPA.
- Methods to mitigate human factors risk.
Human Factors in Design
- How human factors influences design.
- Importance of developing procedures.
Who should attend
Anybody with a responsibility for people, safety and their working environment. Particularly, managers, operators, supervisors who are interested in reducing the risk associated with human error.
This workshop assumes no-prior knowledge of Human Factors.
After this Workshop
After this Workshop you will be able to
- Understand how Human Factors can influence safety.
- Explain some of the key causes of Human Error and identify potential mitigations.
- Apply tools and techniques to manage human factors risk.
- Integrate human factors with other risk manage activities.
What you will get
- The course material in printed format.
- A Certificate of Attendance.
If you have any further questions, please contact us and if you wish to proceed, check your diary and reserve a place.